On Wednesday 22 August 2012 19:34:31 Ralph Stirling did opine:

> Given that gcadcam shows no signs of activity since 2008, it doesn't
> seem too surprising that it is difficult to compile with current
> libraries.
>
> Has anybody played with freecad?  It seems to be under very active
> development and looks like somebody plans to work on cam for it.

I'm on the about 2 builds a week development channel of it, and I believe
it holds considerable promise.  My problem is the docs all assume you are
on a first name basis with a commercial cad program, which of course I am
not, so the learning curve is fairly vertical for me.  Teaching old dogs
new tricks comes to mind.  :-)

Freecad is where Dan's Heeks & Faulks are now working, so I would assume
that quite a bit of heekscnc will eventually be committed.  Perhaps it even
works now if the correct export format is chosen.  But I've not tried it,
so that just barely qualifies as a W.A.G.

Cheers, Gene
During the voyage of life, remember to keep an eye out for a fair wind;
batten
down during a storm; hail all passing ships; and fly your colors proudly.