On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Viesturs Lācis
<viesturs.la...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I looked at 7i37 manual, but did not find it explained:
> How am I supposed to connect input signal from source, whose ground is
> connected to 7i37 power supply ground? Is it sufficient to connect
> only the signal wire, or must I connect also GND? I could not find it
> anywhere, if GND on optoisolators' input side is isolated from power's
> GND or no.

I assume you mean the opto isolated inputs.  In which case (from memory,
trust but verify) you need to set up a voltage across the two input pins
associated with each input.  You wouldn't want to go to ground on the 7i37
side because that messes up the isolation.  You probably will want to use
your own ground on the equipment side as the low voltage.
Eric