Hello!

I am now trying to set the machine up and getting the only axis
position itself according to a "scale" widget is what I am trying to
achieve.

The HAL setup is as follows:
1) there is scale widget in pyvcp with initval = 0;
2) there is a kinematics module, derived from trivkins, I only added a
pin, named "offset" and these 2 formulas:
joints[0] = tran.pos->x + offset;
tran.pos->x = joints[0] - offset;

3) scale output is connected to the kins.offset input.

The thing is that, as I slide the "scale" widget:
1) joint[0] position does not change
axis.0.motor-pos-cmd does not change
axis.0.joint-pos-cmd
motor does not move
2) X axis position changes!
the cone in the preview moves
the numbers in DRO change
halui.axis.0.pos-commanded change its value

I tried both KINEMATICS_IDENTITY and KINEMATICS_BOTH, as I thought
that only "one way" calculations can cause some error, but that turned
out to be wrong and not improve the situation.

What am I missing here to make it work correctly? All the previous
times I did something like this in kinematics, it always worked as
intended, but now it is all opposite - scale widget seems to change X
axis position instead of joint position. Homing that axis does not
improve the situation.

It is obvious that axis.0.joint-pos-cmd and halui.axis.0.pos-commanded
have different "sources" of the numbers they show. Why is it so?

Can anyone help my out with some light in this dark corner?
Thanks!

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.