Has anyone ever seen a bearing press-fitted to the outside of a ballnut?

I am designing a rotating-nut system, and simply pressing the ballnut
into the middle of a double-row angular contact bearing would be very
simple.

I suppose an alternative would be to look at threading a part of the
OD of a flanged ballnut.

http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/p150726/3808B2RSRTVH+Rubber+Sealed+Double+Row+Angular+Contact+Ball+Bearing+40x52x10mm/product_info.html

For example looks like a very nice fit on the outside of a 2005 ballnut.

I suppose I could easily use the next size up and a threaded sleeve.
(I only just found that style, I had been looking at wheel bearings,
which also look rather usable, relatively slim, and preload
adjustable)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.