If you can get the analog signal into linuxcnc - look at
'motion.adaptive-feed ' from here.
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

would allow you to adjust the feed on the fly - atleast 1000 times a
second :)

sam  (I know of atleast one person that has used this for edm.. -
remember though - linuxcnc doesn't have a mechanism yet for backing up
along the path..  just speeding up / slowing down.)