Hi Javier,

Am 29.12.2012 um 02:05 schrieb Javier Ros:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using motenc, so it would be nice if it can get supported.
>
> I'm a bit lost with the thousand of threads related to new
> developments, as I don't have too much spare time ultimately, but if
> it can be run on top ubuntu 10.04, I think I will be able to give it a
> try.

No wonder - it's been quite a journey, but it's tapering down - the worst is
over. Eventually no significant end-user changes should remain.

> Where can I get more specific instructions about the trials I should
> make (Xenomai user, RT-PREEMPT,...), and about how to proceed (which
> repo -precise git instruction can be valuable here- and how to get the
> required kernels)?.

If you feel confident to fetch and build linuxcnc from a git repository, then
we could give it a try; note that just for driver functionality test (loads,
wiggles pins, unloads fine) we do not strictly need a new kernel; to actually
run the thing with decent performance a new kernel install would be needed.

I'll condense the flurry of emails into a Wiki page and we'll go from there.

- Michael