On Sunday 20 January 2013 12:41:50 andy pugh did opine:
Message additions Copyright Sunday 20 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> On 17 January 2013 22:19, Todd                      Zuercher
>
> <zuerc...@embarqmail.com> wrote:
> > The machine operators often need to make small adjustments to the
> > depth of the carving, bumping it up or down a few thousanths.
>
> For that particular use-case it might be appropriate to have a PyVCP
> slider connected directly to a HAL "offset" function.

I'm drooling over over that possibility Andy, it would be handier than
bottled beer or sliced bread!

Cheers, Gene
My views
Linux -- Have you administered a real OS today?
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...