Greetings;

I have previously played with gcode on this machine by running linuxcnc and
selecting the axis.ini.

But just now it threw up the initial splash bar with version number, then
virtually locked the machine up, as if the base thread was perhaps set to
15 microseconds.  I waited a couple of minutes and it did eventually throw
up the little temporary advisory window at the lower right of the screen,
but that was drawn very slowly, and was removed a minute later just as
slowly.

I was able after several minutes, to get to the htop screen and apply a
kill -9 to several pieces of it that I could find, and the machine feels
about normal again.

>From here, it appears something may have gone south in the sim mode.

At no point did any of the 4 cores in this phenom equipt machine, show any
higher than normal activity in the gkrellm display of each core
individually.

FWIW, latency-test runs normally.  Displayed values aren't quite as good as
a D525MW board shows, but it would run fine at a base-thread of 30
microseconds if there was real hardware on the parport.  There is nothing
on it now.

Linuxcnc is kept up to date by the package-manager, so its not more than 2
or 3 days old right now.

Ideas?

Cheers, Gene
My views
Only adults have difficulty with childproof caps.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...