Hello Andy.

http://imagebin.org/246204

Here's a picture of what I scoped the other day, this is the signal coming
out from the IC's that we use to fire the igbt's, as you can see those
spikes are a little dangerous I think.

I've talking a lot with Tim and he's a great help, he's always helping me
with his advices and knowledge.

About using an arduino or fpga, I've been thinking about that too, I need
to catch on with VHDL since I've only made some simple counters and
multiplexers but I really like the idea of make a whole system from an
fpga.

Anyway, the main problem here is after the firing IC's since the oscilator
is generating a perfect square wave form.

2013/2/10 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>

> On 10 February 2013 22:15, Leonardo Marsaglia
> <leonardomarsagli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > based on  DIY circuits found on the internet.
>
> I guess you have seen:
> http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms/Elec_IndHeat1.html
> (Lots of clever stuff, much better done in software now)
>
> > Anyway, the real deal here is always how to have a clean square signal to
> > fire the igbt's.
>
> Sounds like a job for Arduino or FPGA. I can't help feeling that there
> ought to be a suitable Mesa module, but Arduino's have PWMs that share
> a clock, so for suitable thresholds are guaranteed not to overlap. I
> don't know how smoothly you can change frequency
>
> --
> atp
> If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
> http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto