From:
 Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com>
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] PPMC.ini, Help with my math
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Monday, February 25, 2013, 12:32 AM

Bruce Klawiter wrote:

> I tried this but as soon I run POS the numbers start scrolling on the page,
> is this correct?
It is SUPPOSED to just keep overwriting the same line.  it may be if the
terminal
window is too small, it will scroll instead, or it may be a different
terminal
window program or a setting that is causing that.
>  it will even do it when the encoders are disconnected.
> See a screen shot here:https://sites.google.com/site/bmklawt/home/emc2/pos

OK, you definitely have a communication problem, the
 one-line huge jumps
 in
position indicate fairly frequent errors between the PPMC and the PC.
> Also did a com test: https://sites.google.com/site/bmklawt/home/emc2/commtest

And, this test confirms bursts of bad communication.
Are you using a cable marked as IEEE-1284 compliant?  What kind of PC
are you
using?  It it connected to a motherboard parallel port or a PCI plug-in
card?

Oh, and DO NOT try to enable servo drives when the reading of encoder
position has these problems.

Jon