Ok, just to be clear what I'm trying to do here:
I have a probe function that probes towards the work piece, on contact, I
set Z pos with "G10 L20". When I do that, the preview plot in axis does not
update and represent the correct Z height. So I want to do a "axis-remote
--reload" in the probe routine to refresh the plot (refresh of the plot is
done automatically in axis when you use the built in touch off buttons, at
least it seems to be doing that), to be able to do this "--reload" I need
have a script M155 that is called from probe o-sub.

I have poked around a little in the sub and rearranged the call to M155 to
the end of the sub.

>I wonder if the problem you're seeing is related to this one:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/40-subroutines-and-ngcgui/26290-subroutine-stops-without-warning
Maybee, but one could say I have more problems in MDI mode. If I in the
M155 I have "axis-remote --reload &", the reload is instant in manual mode
, but is delayed in MDI mode (and debug message from within M155 is printed
in both). Without the "&", there is a delay in both manual and MDI mode,
and the debug message is not executed

Chris ->
You are correct about the behavior of the reload button and axis-remote
--reload situations, they should not be executed while program is running!
Problem is as I said above the plot is not updated when I set Z with G10
L20 to reflect correct Z height. Maybe there is another way of touching of
Z that I have not been thinking of?

I have tried this in sim and same thing happens there. Here is a link to a
zipped config running in sim mode if someone wants to test it, you need to
place the M155 file so linuxcnc finds it:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27552984/Lillasyster_sim.tar.gz