On 4/10/2013 8:59 AM, Marcus Bowman wrote:
> There seem to be 4 models of E350N board. The GA-E350N (rev 1.0) the GA-350N
> (rev 3.0) and the GA-E350N Win8 (rev 1.0) all seem to have a parallel port,
> but the GA-E350N-USB3 (rev 1.0) does not. The -USB3 has a different chipset
> (AMD 50M as opposed to AMD A45 FCH) but I don't know enough about those to be
> able to comment on the effects they might have on latency.
>
> I assume the latency test was carried out on the plain E350N, and it looks
> like a good solution at a reasonable price.

That's a good point about the latency test. Do not assume!

The Biostar A68I-350 Deluxe I remarked on (note, I mistakenly wrote "1"
instead of "I" before) is more like the GA-E350N-USB3 than the GA-350Ns
in its design but it has yet again a different Northbridge Chipset (AMD
A68). It has USB3 ports and 6GB SATA capability but it also has an
internal printer port (!). Just as the Biostar board disappointed me
with its 50000ns jitter results, the GA-E3350N-USB3 could disappoint. I
like Gigabyte boards, but this one needs to be tested!

Regards,
Kent