On 14 April 2013 11:20, Lars Andersson <l...@larsandersson.com> wrote:

> http://forumbilder.se/CDVO4/fras
>
> It has no power feed whatsoever but is not much worn and feels very
> sound. It is meant to be converted  to LinuxCNC as a hobby project.
> I have not made anything this big before, wondering what drive torque on
> the feed screws to aim for?

I am using 750W servos with a 2Nm (7Nm peak) rating, with a 4:1 belt
ratio, and it seems to be about right.
I don't think I would want to go any lower on the Z, though it is
rather more than necessary on the Y.

I had to convert the Z to ball screw, the torque was inadequate with
the original leadscrew. So if you want to keep the Z as it is, then
you would need more.

I went for a rotating-nut arrangement on the Z to keep the motor
inside the machine. It isn't clear if you have access to that area in
yours.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.