Hello Peter,

> One thing to verify once you get a watchdog has bitten error is to
verify if
> that its a real watchdog bite or whether its somehow a false noise
generated
> report.  Can you toggle any I/O bits (via halcmd) after the watchdog
has bit
> event?

I do have leds on the digital outputs and inputs that use on my custom
pcb machine interface. Once the watchdog bites, all signals (inputs and
output, haven't checked pwm and encoders) then have the led switched
off. And I do at least have always the EstopWrite and EstopSense and
AmpEnable leds switched on and shining while the machine is running
normally.

But I have not tried toggling digital outputs via halcmd after the
watchdog bite.

Just to be sure, you mean toggling the output *before* I reset the
watchdog via halcmd setp hm2_7i43.0.watchdog.has_bit 0 ?

> If you can, the report is bogus.
>
> I really dont expect this is caused by noise but this is pretty strange
> (never heard of a similar watchdog issue)

Yes, it is strange :(

BR Max.