Gene Heskett wrote:

> I have two of those D525MW boards.  I had to reflash the bios straight
> away, but I haven't had any parport problems using the default configs for
> the parport in Linuxcnc since.  The latest bios flash for those boards
> might actually fix it.  YMMV of course.

Most of the LinuxCNC drivers that use the EPP mode handle this problem
in the driver, so the user never sees the problem.  My little pcisetup
program
has essentially been incorporated into the drivers for Pico Systems and
Mesa boards, at least.  BUT, to use other software, such as my diagnostic
programs, you do need the pcisetup program on those computers with
the BIOS problem.

Jon