Having been down that road and having designed close to 100 PCBs in my life --

Eagle and gEDA will drain  psychic energy ( As in what  Don Lancasters calls  a
'phychic Energy
sink') - I've used both (I still have nightmares) .

You should use kicad even if it means setting up a Debian box to run it on. (
People do use it on
other platforms for some strange reason. I'm always surprised when people don't
realize that THEY
are the product when they use Windoze/android/apple stuff .. </digression>).

After wasting precious time with Eagle and gEDA, I found kicad and have made
many commercial PCBs
with it. It is now of the quality of many commercial PCB CAD/CAM offerings.

I have notes to help newcomers at:

http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/Kicad

I can't provide free support - but they have a very friendly mailing list and
some of the coolest
developers in the linux/opensource world.

PS
( If you don't know who Don Lancaster is see http://www.tinaja.com/ )

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail k...@xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB
http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

Why are so many spending time watching dark movies about
hopelessness, the macabre, and perversion; why are they reading
books about unfaithfulness and self destruction?  Why is nothing
uplifting, also considered 'cool' or entertaining? -kps