From: "Sebastian Kuzminsky" <s...@highlab.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 11:31:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] mb2hal?

On 7/12/13 05:32 , Todd Zuercher wrote:
> Is anyone successfully using mb2hal since the revision of master streamlining
> the modbus stuff? I have an install of master (I was using for testing) from
> before this where libmodbus3 had to be installed separately that is working
> but when I went to install the new on the pc I intended for the machine, I
> can't get it to work. Mb2hal is installed and appears to function, I just
> can't get it to actually communicate with the drives (using the same setup
> and hardware that works on the other pc).

Hi there, i'm the guy who changed the libmodbus usage in master recently.

I confess i have never run mb2hal, so it's possible i broke it somehow
and didn't notice.  However, the changes i made did not touch a single
line of the mb2hal source code, i only changed how mb2hal gets access to
the libmodbus library, and possibly which version of the libmodbus
library it uses.

Which platform were you running on when things were working?  Please
report the distro and the installed libmodbus version.

Are you using the same modbus target (slave) in both the working and
non-working situations?  Same cabling?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky