From: andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>
To: Terry Christophersen <tcninj...@yahoo.com>; Enhanced Machine Controller
(EMC) <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Servo bearing

On 14 July 2013 01:00, Terry Christophersen <tcninj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Someone told me that when you dissassemble/assemble you cant let the arm
> touch the magnets.Is that true?

I have also heard that removing the rotor from the stator will
demagnetise it, but I have allowed both to happen replacing the
bearings on my servos and they still work.

You might find that the mill itself makes a good jig for removing the
rotor without touching the stator. Hold the shaft in a collet, clamp
the body to the table, and raise the head...

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.