On Sunday 28 July 2013 21:34:58 dave did opine:

> A6 sounds tempting because it is easy to machine and will be slick.
> However, you don't want something too hard as then the slide rather than
> the gib will wear. Al bronze has been suggested and should work well.

Humm, more food for thought, thanks Dave.

> In one of the discussion groups there was a fellow ( brian@versamill )
> that said he might have drops (small left over pieces) off his 8' stock
> for gibs.

And this is trapezoidal stock already?

Sounds interesting.  Something to check out.

Somebody made the remark the other day that us oldsters shouldn't be eating
health food, we need all the preservatives we can get...  :)

Cheers Dave, Gene
My views
                -- Arthur C. Clarke
         law-abiding citizens.