I know most of you guys on the mailing list don't visit the forum so
here is a link to a G code generator for drilling and tapping holes on a
mill. I wrote this mainly because we don't have a tapping cycle and if I
forgot the pre-position move then you get a really neat show as your tap
traverses from where it is to the bottom of the hole. Anyone ever seen a
tapped slot?

This saves me time when I need to tap some holes in a part and helps
prevent errors.

http://linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/31-cad-cam/26859-mill-tapping-g-code-generator

JT