On Wednesday 14 August 2013 12:22:50 andy pugh did opine:

> On 14 August 2013 12:24, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 14 August 2013 12:18, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/E4AlternistorTriac.pdf
> >
> > I guess it makes sense to go for the biggest?
> > http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/Q4040K7TP/Q4040K7TP-ND/216027

I note this latter one has an isolated tab for heat sinking.  But so does
the package pictured in the photo, and the IGT's look compatible in similar
current capabilities.  Why not indeed?

> > --
> > atp
> > If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
> > http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto

Cheers, Gene
My views
The best defense against logic is ignorance.
         law-abiding citizens.