2013/9/6 Marius Liebenberg <mar...@mastercut.co.za>

> Jack
> In this case Google is your friend. There are literally thousands of
> ideas from guys who have done their own thing. Two things I recommend
> that you don't do without.
> 1: You must fit a THC of sorts. Especially if you are going to cut
> thinner materials.

This is easy and cost effective with THCAD card from Mesa.

2: You must fit a water bed for your own health's sake. Also you can
> minimize the warping if you cut in water.

Cutting in water will harden the material.
But I do agree that some kind of smoke removal is mandatory. Based on
geographical location and temperatures in winter, downdraft table and
simple ventilator that sucks the smoke and gases out of the workshop might
be a solution.

There are _lots_ of videos on youtube, where one can see, how others have
built their diy plasma machines. Since the question is about hints of
mechanical design, all the builds of Mach users also might worth looking at.
I did build a plasma table with 6x2 m work envelope with a downdraft table,
I could share something from the 3d model, but I consider it to be above
hobby level in terms of linear rails, motors, gearboxes, so I am not sure,
how useful could that be.

--
Viesturs