On 09/11/2013 07:39 AM, Matt Shaver wrote:
> I might (hopefully) be doing a few new linuxcnc retrofit projects so I
> was wondering what everyone likes these days for motherboards. May basic
> requirements are:
>
> MiniITX Form Factor
> (1) PCI slot for a Mesa 5i25 (or alternatively a PCI-E slot for a 6i25)
> Predictable enough latency to avoid the dreaded "real time error" popups
> Cheap would also be nice :)

I got a couple of these HP DC7900 computers recently:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300962992355

With "idle=poll" in grub, I have gotten 5000ns latencies. There might be
a USFF form of this but they tend to not have any slots. Also, I have no
idea if just having a Core 2 Duo will give these latency numbers. The
DC7800 seems to have similar latencies.

> Also, any recommendations on touch screen setups that work with minimal
> hacking would be welcome as well!

I have also been looking at these, but haven't bought one yet, so I'm
not much help here. I'm tending towards having real buttons placed on
the monitor perimeter instead.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/