On 09/22/2013 06:33 AM, Eric Keller wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Mark Wendt <wendt.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, I'm in the market for a new wireless card or USB wireless.
>
> On a linuxcnc machine, I would go with a wireless bridge, aka access
> point.  Discussions of this in the archives.  This saves you from
> driver and latency issues.  I just ordered one for my boss' home
> computer, hoping he can handle the configuration.

... snip

I have wasted money on WiFi PCI, PCMCIA and USB cards that had drivers
that didn't work with Linux. I've had the best luck with WRT54 class
routers with OpenWRT. The cost is about the same as a WiFi card,
especially considering the time saved in not having to flog dead horses.
OpenWRT doesn't seem to be very active these days, but my routers have
just worked for years. I'm hoping for a RPi like router to come along to
fill the need for a 'cheap enough to use everywhere' WiFi device.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/