I think most of us want jog while paused, while I don't' have a need to
change a tool, re-probe and resume cutting in a jog while paused situation I
can understand why someone would want it. I think we should start with the
basics, spindle stop and restart, ability to move axis or axis's of your
choice and return to the part at the point of the feed hold call or pause.
There will always be some aspect of this that makes the operator responsible
to give the tool a clear path back to the point of the pause. The control
can not think this through for you. In other words, Feed hold, retract tool
manually to a position that will have a clear return to the stop point. Have
the ability to stop the spindle and restart to the same constant surface
setting you paused at(lathe) and return to cutting conditions you paused at.

Jeff L Johnson
Superior Roll & Turning
Superiorroll.com
734-279-1831