Can anyone put up the recent Debian Wheezy (LinuxCNC) for BeagleBone Black as
an ".img" for SD instead of a ".tar.xz"? I can write a uSD or a USB stick from
an ".img" or ".iso" on my Mac but I can't get the ".tar.xz" to work.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 running in VirtualBox on my Mac and I was having trouble
attaching USB drives to the linux guest OS. Can anyone tell me the type and
size of partitions I need to create on the uSD for the boot and root
partitions? I am guessing that the boot partition is DOS and I know it needs to
be at least 32K but does it need to be larger?

Thanks in advance,
Alan