On 11/4/2013 6:20 PM, Steve Blackmore wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 04:50:45 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> TapMagic for aluminum.  Slicker'n snake snot on a barstool.
> Even better
>
> Carbon Tetrachloride :)
>
> Sounds mad as it's so volatile that you would think it would evaporate
> before doing anything but it was superb tapping or cutting fluid -
> banned now as too toxic.
>
> Steve Blackmore
> --

Carbon Tet will screw with your nervous system.  I had some experience
with the stuff right after the ban.  It goes right through your skin.
Rubber gloves were almost useless with it.  The solvent would go right
through them.  I used 50+ gallons of it where I was working at the time
to clean parts.   The material was purchased prior to the ban.  So they
decided to use it for cleaning in house since they could not resell it.
It took me a short period of time to figure out that I had to have all
of the shop windows open before using it...  otherwise it would really
screw with my head.

Dave