On Friday 22 November 2013 17:50:45 Scott Hasse did opine:

> How about a magnetic dial indicator base?  Unscrew the rod from the
> magnetic base and tap a hole into the spindle casting to screw it in
> there instead.  It would give you fine adjustability anyway.
>
> Scott

Considered but this is a small machine and those things are a good 2.25"
tall.  And could still get knocked out of whack by a passing wrench while
changing tools.  So that thought faded till you mentioned it. :)  But
thanks, it proves that other minds may think like mine. ;-)

> On Nov 22, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I finally managed to cobble up an
> > EMBED_TAB_COMMAND = camview-emc -C camview.cfg -g togle-caa.ui -H
> > campins.hal -w {XID}
> >
> > That actually works if I use the original halio.c, and I don't even
> > have to patch /usr/bin/axis to get it to run.  So except for the lack
> > of a background for the DRO display in camview, its looking good
> > enough to make me think about making a mount for the camera.
> >
> > I go out and stare at the right side of the spindle casting, and the
> > camera, in search of a vision as to how to mount it both rigidly AND
> > adjustable for alignment. And I'm fresh out of visions, must have used
> > up my allotment for this year.  Or something along those lines...
> >
> > So I would be interested in how someone else has mounted one of the
> > endoscope cameras on his mill, allowing for suitable methods of
> > tweaking alignment.
> >
> > PM's with attached pix would be fine if someone has the time to send
> > them.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene

Cheers, Gene

Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.
         law-abiding citizens.