On 1/9/2014 1:32 PM, Mark Tucker wrote:
> I am currently thinking of switching to the BBB And Machinekit to run my cnc
> Router.
> But the first snag seems to be the Step pulse and no way of inverting it?
> I am using Gecko 201s on all 3 axis which require The step pulse to be active
> low (Pulse on high to low transition)
> Whilst i realise this seems to be coded in the PRU,How hard is it to change?

Not terribly hard.

Just inverting the pulse for all step outputs would mean changing a
couple lines of code (very easy).  Making the pulse polarity
configurable would require a bit more work.

I've got a collection of PRU work I need tackle soon, including adding a
software encoder input (for a jog-wheel and for Michael Haberler's pet
project) and a bunch of general cleanup to make pin numbering consistent
(so I can begin documenting things).

I'll see if I can't tackle your step polarity issue while I'm making the
other changes.  What sort of time-frame are you working with?

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net