Josiah,

Am 30.01.2014 um 15:41 schrieb Josiah Morgan <josiahmor...@gmail.com>:

> I have created python script which I have linuxcnc automatically launch via
> hal loadusr.
> this python script controls the majority of everything linuxcnc does to
> make it very specific to what I need for my given scenario using the
> functionality described here:
> http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/common/python-interface.html
>
> I would really like to use c/c++ instead of python to communicate with
> linuxcnc.
> can someone point me in the right direction of if there is an api/library
> for C/C++ containing the same basic functionality as described in the
> python interface documentation?  the python documentation hints to the fact
> that such a thing exists (possibly with even more functionality) but I
> can't seem to find any other documentation to support it.

I can only advise to not go down this path - IMO the underlying NML code is
deprecated as an API, unsuitable for new code at this point

the Python linuxcnc module abstracts away many of the gory details of NML

Note that work is underway to remove NML from LinuxCNC completely, meaning any
C-ish interface will need a substantial rewrite or die out

is very likely the Python linuxcnc interface will see little or no change in
this process

my recommendation is to warm up to Python instead ;)

- Michael