On 2/11/14 03:16 , Schooner wrote:
> Hi
>
> Reported via the forum at this thread
> http://www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/9-installing-linuxcnc/27482-precise-1204?start=20#43730
>
> Users trying out the 3.4.55-rtai kernel  on Ubuntu 12.04 and then
> installing Linuxcnc from the buildbot (master or 2.5.3)
> as per the wiki, are getting an error when trying to run stepconf.
>
> Have just done a scratch install and can confirm error on the master-rt
> package
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>     File "/usr/bin/stepconf", line 1384, in <module>
>       app = StepconfApp(False)
>     File "/usr/bin/stepconf", line 673, in __init__
>       wiz_pic = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(wizard)
> GError: Failed to open file '/usr/bin/../linuxcnc-wizard.gif': No such
> file or directory
>
> Note corrupted path for the gif, which is where it should be in
> /usr/share/linuxcnc/linuxcnc-wizard.gif

Thanks for reporting the bug here on the mailing list, many developers
do not read the forums.

stepconf works for me in 2.5, but fails as you say in master.  The bug
was introduced in commit 7897a27966068fed8245f5bf99369623cbef4c42 on Jan 12.

Hold on, i'll push a fix...  Ok done.  The fix will be in
v2.6.0-pre0-5175.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky