Hi Marius
On 12/02/2014 06:12, emc-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hi Chris
> The reason I would like to think I need it is because I test a lot of
> different configs and code on the same machine (hardware ) for instance.
> This means that I have to redo the INI file for every test. I normally
> end up being frustrated (due to own stupidity) by not getting everything
> right first time. Things like paths etc..
> I understand if one sets up a machine just once or twice that this is
> not an issue but some of us use LCNC on many machines and have customers
> that use it on machines. I do many conversions or upgrades of machines
> to LCNC and it would be a very handy and practical feature for me.
If your requirement is because you would like to have a set of common
building blocks to create your clients ini files,
without reinventing the wheel or heavy editing each time you can do this
yourself.

In a separate folder create files which contain the various common elements

Then combine them with cat in the required order

eg cat threads.ini parport378.ini 4stepgens.ini axis-ngc.ini
standard-hal.ini axis0.ini axis1.ini axis2.ini > new-machine.ini

Then finish by hand

One problem withloads of separate ini files loaded with an include
directive, is that theconfig picker would still see them as seperate
configs and require rewriting too

Just an idea

regards