On Thu, 20 Feb 2014, Dave Cole wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:07:17 -0500
> From: Dave Cole <linuxcncro...@gmail.com>
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] Index (Encoder) Homing
>
> Has anyone setup encoder index homing recently with the Hostmot2 driver?
>
> I'm using a 7i43-2 board with a 7i33 and it cannot find the index pulse
> during the final phase of the homing process.
>
> The search velocity is negative and the latch velocity is positive.
>
> I've read the manual, the man 9 hostmot2 file etc.   Nothing is popping
> up as being incorrect.
>
> "HOME_USE_INDEX = YES" is present in the INI file.  However the axis
> just keep moving slowly looking for the index pulse but it never sees it.
>
> The machine homes fine if "HOME_USE_INDEX = NO" is present in the INI file.
>
> It appears that the encoder index signal is present at the 7i33 board
> terminal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

First is the encoder N index_enable netted to axis.N.index_enable ?

if thats correct the index hardware needs to be checked:

An easy way to test the index hardware is unlink the encoders index_enable pin
in hal and then manually set index_enable. Then rotate the shaft/encoder
slowly. The index_enable pin should get cleared at only one shaft position. If
it gets cleared immediately, the index polarity may be reversed. if it does
not get cleared in one rotation it probably means the index signal is not
getting to the FPGA, This can be checked with halmeter or halscope watching
the GPIO pin that is used for the index signal.