On 2014-03-03 14:35, Dave Cole wrote:
> This works well and is an excellent example and could be useful as is
> for  a remote DRO display.
>
> One thing that differed from your instructions was that this line:
>
> "sudo apt-get install setuptools"   did not work as no package was found

Yes it depends on the distribution
and I've made a mistake.
It is called
    python-setuptools

mea culpa.
> However it appeared that the previous command:  "sudo apt-get install
> python-pip" may have installed the setuptools
>
> I ran it on the local PC browser that already had LinuxCNC installed
> running on Ubuntu 12.04, and it works fine and is very fast.  The PC was
> plugged into my home network that has a wireless router attached.
> I pointed a Nexus 7 tablet running firefox at the LinuxCNC PC and the
> DROs display nicely on it and the update is very fast.   Much faster
> than I expected.
>
> I installed Apache prior to loading your example, thinking that was
> required, but Cherrypy is a web server itself, which I did not realize,
> and Apache is not doing anything.

Yes due to the lack of websocket support.
This would probably help:

     https://github.com/disconnect/apache-websocket

But it is much more difficult to setup.

My instructions was not clear. Sorry.

> Very nice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Thank you for the feedback and testing the tool. :)

Matsche

--
"In der Wissenschaft siegt nie eine neue Theorie,
nur ihre Gegner sterben nach und nach"

Max Planck