I got no answer or feedback from the developers, maybe the pncconf
author is looking at this list instead ?

Bruno

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        bug with pncconf
Date:   Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:48:42 +0200
From:   bruno <br...@tinkerbox.org>
To:     emc-develop...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi all,

I configured a PC with linuxcnc 2.5.0, a mesa 5i25 with prob_rfx2
firmware (directly compatible with most DB25 parallel port stepper
drivers) a while ago, following the indications and 5i25 xml file for
pncconf in this thread
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.user/33631

This worked great and I had a functioning machine.
Now, I changed PC and reinstalled from scratch linuxcnc, updated to
2.5.3, then tried Pncconf again. This time it outputs an error when
moving to the next screen after selecting the 5i25 board:

PNCconf encountered an error.  The following information may be useful
in troubleshooting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/pncconf", line 5282, in on_mesa_boardname_changed
     if  "7i43" in d[_BOARDNAME] :
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'd' referenced before assignment

I followed exactly the same procedure, so it seems pncconf wants
something more to integrate a new card/firmware...
Since this worked in 2.5.0, and not anymore, it is a regression; which
is why I am posting this in the developer forum.
Fortunately, I had a backup of my .ini and .hal config for 2.5.0, so I
am not stuck. But I think this should be looked at by the pncconf developer.

Thanks !

Bruno