> Detailed question.
>
> I want to implement these as wizards.  I see there is already work done here
> (http://linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/40-subroutines-and-ngcgui/11414
> -metric-lathe-subroutines-g71-g72-etc-etc) so I'll probably "borrow" from
> that.
Feel free to borrow away ( I wrote them )

You are right, the routines are basically decrementing / incrementing
loops cutting the profile down to finished dimensions.

There is no gouging calculation, the profiles that can be cut are
limited by tool type, profile and mounting, and ultimately operator
common sense.

The work very well for me within those limitations but can certainly be
improved upon.
I look forward to your results.

regards