Hi Norbert, Andy;

Norbert - Have most certainly looked at gmoccapy; then went out and priced
touch screens with VGA ports, and...(there's a lot of scots blood in me!)
 I however DO LIKE what you are doing; maybe for my upcoming CNC Lathe.

Andy - the mill has the 2xG540 config in there, powering one G540, the
other header not connected. The printer port on the motherboard has my MPG
connected to it.

I could quite easily use the 2nd 5i25 port as an input - off hand, there's
more than enough pins there to add a couple of buttons that  I think I'd
need.

Lets see - right now the mill is down because of spindle bearing issues;
new parts on their way from Sieg in China.

JohnS.