I'm still not seeing why G76 has a entry and exit ramp. I believe the
intent was to deal with Z acceleration time where the helix is not valid
at the start (and I assume the end) of synchronized motion. Normally,
one would start the thread off the part enough to have the Z and spindle
locations synchronize in air. For threads that need to start in the
material rather than air, ramping may be used to ease into the thread
until the helix is correct. But the way I see it, either way there will
be a bit of bad helix at the start and end of the thread. Ramping-in
cuts less material, so may get in the way more than plunge-and-go.
Channeling before threading, so any material left will only have valid
helix, seems better. I would like to know if there is any situation
where ramping would be better than channeling or plunging.

--
Kirk Wallace