My gigabyte e350N would not boot from usb.  I tried every possible fix
listed on the internet, all of which are noted not to work in a significant
number of cases.  It's a nice board otherwise.  Too bad the linux bios
effort seems to have flamed out for obvious reasons

Don't bother blaming me, you can find all those unhelpful posts on the
internet too.