On 12.06.2014 19:06, Rick Lair wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>

> I have been trying to break into a file on one of my other machines control,
> and I am not succeeding. The file has a .pit file extension,
>

> Any suggestions on what I should use to open it??

Hi Rick,

I don't know the file format, but here are a few suggestions:

- http://file.org/extension/pit
  -> It is probably an archive/container format. Or it has something to
do with the mentioned "Predator CNC Editor"
- Try what the file command says ($ file yourfile.pit)
- You are sure that it is .pit and not .bit, right? The latter could be
a binary file for FPGA configuration.
- Use the hex editor as mentioned.

Regards,
Philipp