Maybe I'm not visualizing the setup of this machine but it seems like it might
be easier to use two motors utilizing the existing racks. Of course that would
probably require planetary gear boxes on the servos with a 2 inch pinion.

"Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is
either a madman or an economist."
        -Kenneth Boulding, economist
“How unfortunate that the Earth’s first
 intelligent social animal is a tribal carnivore”
    -E.O. Wilson, sociobiologist

 if a tube, what's the wall thickness (approx is good enough)