I am finding it necessary to reconfigure my lathe as I cannot operate it
properly as I have it setup now. I need some advice please.

What I have.
Mesa 5125 with a Mesa 7i76
Photo interrupter spindle speed counter
AC motor without VFD
Joystick type of jog
Gmoccapy or Gscreen
Manual tool change (tool changer to come)

Seeing that I am going to redo the configuration, please tell me what is
required to operate a lathe at best. If a VFD is required I will do that.
I want to be able to cut using CSS and I will want to do rigid tapping
as well. The tool changer will have a rotary tool attachment.
What do the machining gurus suggest?

--

Regards /Groete

Marius D. Liebenberg