On Sunday 06 July 2014 20:31:45 Gene Heskett did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Greetings;
>
> I was coming by Lowes a couple hours ago, and stopped to get a small
> piece of lexan and a can of fast dry black spray paint.
>
> So now the plastic film has been pulled and a coat of paint on both
> sides, which seems to have an ND 14 rating, aka its opaque, at least
> to visible light, no clue on the IR.
>
> After the paint has cured for at least 24 hrs, I'll saw out a 3x3
> corner and give this another shot.
>
> With a 1/32" mill, with 3/32" flute lengths, I suspect I'll have the
> top reamed a bit over sized by the time I get down 95 thou which is
> longer than the flutes.  The stuff is 90 thou thick.
>
> So my question is, knowing how hard it is to file or drill lexan, what,
> for that sized SC mill, would be a good feed, cut depth and spindle
> rpm?
>
> ATM, I only have one mill left until I call MSC sometime tomorrow.

And MSC I have dealt with before seems to have dropped off the google
list.

Drillsandcutters.com however, had a 1/32 mill with a 1/8" DOC. Long enough
to reach thru the 0.090" lexan + paint.  2 flute.  $9.90 ea. NDI how
fragile they might be, but has to be weaker than the 3/32 deep ones I
have.  S/B fun, not!  No rings either, darnit.  They had an even better
price on 1/8" 2 flute, and I'm getting low, so I stocked up on those too.