Greetings

advertised in man pages.

>><snip>

>Andy - I think the best way to get people to swallow that bitter pill would
be to add naming enforcement to the 2.7 release.

>Everybody is dying to get there hands on it and ring the new bells and
whistles, perhaps make that part of the price of admission.

I think backwards compatibility trumps regularity. One "might" add new
conforming COMPs but the old ones need to live (for a good while) as there
are enough unknowns at an upgrade without having to rewrite halfiles.

Knowing these things are irregular should just strengthen the RTFM reflex.
The lut5 man page is pretty clear:

:
:
        PINS