for logic analyzer, I use the Open Bench Logic sniffer.
Extremely capable:

  * Capture 50MHz+ waveforms on 32 channels
      o 200Msps captures up to 100MHz waveforms on 16 channels
      o 100Msps captures up to 50MHz waveforms on 32 channels

open source and very cheap: 50$

quick spec and price here:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Open-Workbench-Logic-Sniffer-p-612.html

much more information: