You need to use the latest firmware for the board.   I think it is the
F3 version.
The original version was apparently very buggy.

After I upgraded the firmware I found the BIOS to be ok.

The J1900's boards performance and hardware is pretty impressive.

I would not waste much time trying to get that to run on 10.04.
Everything I read says that even Ubtuntu 12.04 was too old for it.

Here is a long discussion on the Baytrail boards.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=184930

The Gigabyte J1900 I have is powered with a Pico power supply and
supplied with 12 volts from my lab power supply.  The Pico power supply
only draws about 1/2 an amp at 12 VDC when idling along running a GPS
navigation application.
The power input seems to peak at a little less than one amp when it runs
full tilt during startup.   I think the design is suppose to be a 10
watt TDP and I think it is very close to actually being that.

Dave

On 10/18/2014 12:38 PM, Ricardo Moscoloni wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Dave.
> One thing that keep me thinking is the pc working with one cpu and not 2.
> This board come with the w8 uefi thing and users keep complaining at how
> crap the board bios is :'(
> El oct 17, 2014 6:25 PM, "Dave Cole" <linuxcncro...@gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> That is an Intel "Baytrail" based board.   You need at least Ubuntu
>> 12.04 and preferably 14.04 to run that board.
>>
>> I think there are video issues with 12.04 and Baytrail unless you run
>> the Vesa drivers and that is a compromise.
>>
>> Google "Baytrail Ubuntu" for more info.
>>
>> I have Debian Wheezy running on a Baytrail GA J1900N board and that
>> works ok.  Super low power consumption of about 6 watts including an SSD.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On 10/17/2014 12:02 PM, Ricardo Moscoloni wrote:
>>> hi folks, a little question here
>>> i was running ubuntu from a stock 10.04 iso.
>>> if i select trying ubuntu, OS boot and works ok.
>>> after installing didnt boot (constantly reboot after MB vendor logo), but
>>> if i disable one core from setup the OS boots fine.
>>>
>>> the same with debian 7. But install cd didnt boot at all, but it does if
>>> disable one core again.
>>>
>>> any clue where to look for this? is advisable to test 12.04 to see if
>> some
>>> isues is related with new MB or CPU features?
>>>
>>> thanks for reading!
>>> regards
>>> Rick

>> ---