On 26 October 2014 01:00, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> looking for some fairly specific info, I am not up on or very interested
> in researching every option.

I quite like the Pico PSUs, partly because they plug in to the MB and
don't need to be mounted separately.
For the same reason, on a dedicated LinuxCNC machine I like the SATA
DOM drives, that simply plug in to the SATA port.
This sort of thing.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kingspec-8GB-SATA-DOM-MLC-Flash-SSD-Solid-State-Hard-Disk-Drive-for-PC-LAPTOP-/111282354949
They don't come in large capacities, but then G-code files aren't very
big, and you may want to keep them on a separate networked drive
anyway.
I also don't know how long they last for. My machines don't even get
used every day, things might be different on a 3-shift machine. (but a
pre-formatted spare would be easy to arrange)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.