On Friday 07 November 2014 01:10:51 Dave Cole did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 11/7/2014 12:19 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Hi everybody;
> >
> > Do we have a translator program that can make gcode out of an .eps?
> >
> > Or an .ai, presumably from some gfx proggy that runs on a Mac.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> FYI -
>
> http://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/importing-eps-dcs-autocad-file
> s.html
>
> I don't have Illustrator, but if you know someone who does perhaps they
> could import your eps file and then print or save it to a format you
> can use?
>
> Dave

I can view it or print it just fine, ghostscript knows about encapsulated
postscript.  I just figure if its printable, it ought to be something that
can be traced & made into gcode as its your basic B&W image with some
ascii etching that should go about halfway thru a sheet of lexan when
milled.

If gimp knows how to import an .ai file, thats news to me. I'll give all 3
a chance at it though, gimp, OO and LO. maybe LO can at least read it.

Yes it can!  There is also a security update to LO that I have now tried
to pull 3 times, but each time the download dies with a few hundred k's to
go in a 200+ megabyte dl.  There is a beg screen on the dl page, I wonder
if they are shutting it off if no donation is made?

Thats pretty low IMO.  If the dl had finished ok, I was ready to make a
default donation of 20 USD, its good stuff.  Now I am not so sure. I'll
kill that chromium session and see if FF can dl it.  Later & thanks folks.