Peter, greetings

> Hmm thats a month earlier than the version I get with

> apt-get install

> if I type

> mesaflash --list

> I get an error saying
> unrecognized option "--list"

> so I think you have an old version

Apt-get install insists I am up to date so I totally removed the mesaflash
package (with Synaptic) but now cannot find the mesaflash package in any of
the repositories I have set up in Synaptic - including LinuxCNC buildbot.
So I thought I would try to compile a new one.

I downloaded the software for 7i80 from the Anything I/O page of the Mesa
website which has an executable but it seems to be a version dated April
2014 so even older. I have not yet compiled that source as it is bedtime but
there must be an easy way to get the latest binary version that I am somehow
missing.

A detailed set of steps would be much appreciated.

John Prentice