On 11/20/2014 12:21 PM, John Prentice (FS) wrote:
> I am trying to get a built copy of the rt preempt system from Master/(aka
> 2.8  pre?) via the buildbot as described at
>
> http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

Hmm, it works for me here.

I can run "apt-get update", "apt-get install linuxcnc-uspace" (it gets
version 1:2.8.0~pre1.82.g6f96b26), and "apt-get source linuxcnc-uspace"
(gets same version).

> I have sources.list.d file setup including the line
>
> "deb     http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ wheezy master-rtpreempt"

My /etc/apt/source.list.d/linuxcnc-buildbot.list file has this:

deb     http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org wheezy master-rtpreempt
deb-src http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org wheezy master-rtpreempt

The lines must have no quotes, I'm not sure if those are included in
your file or just in your email.

I tried it both with and without the deb-src line, and in both cases i
can update and install linuxcnc-uspace.

> The package manager returns the error:
>
> "Failed to fetch http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/wheezy/Release  Unable
> to find expected entry 'master-preempt/source/Sources' in Release file
> (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
>
> Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead."

The file is there on the server.

> Indeed the list in ../Release has an entry
> 'master-rtpreempt/sources/Sources' but not the one indicated in the error.

That's not what i see.  I just looked in all the Release files and they
all correctly reference source/Sources.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky